Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The tutorial will run automatically the first time you log into your Xmetryx radar account. You can view this anytime from the home page (when you are logged in) by clicking on the Graduation Cap icon in the navigation bar Or, there's a tutorial link in the profile menu:
- Hover over your profile picture at the top-right of the application window.
- Click “Tutorial” from the drop-down menu.
You can also get page-specific help by clicking the Question Mark icon in the footer.
Team Relationship Management Team Relationship Management (TRM) is like CRM for your team. Using feedback and data analysis about key team member relationships, TRM enables team leaders to understand and influence critical team processes and behaviors. TRM improves team effectiveness, engagement, and wellbeing by developing strong, trusting relationships.
If you’d like to learn more about TRM, read Team Relationship Management: The Art of Crafting Extraordinary Teams. You can purchase a signed copy direct from the author, or you can order through Amazon.
Xmetryx Radar Feedback
The Xmetryx radar feedback tool (patent pending) is a breakthrough in applied behavioral science. It combines brain science and a friendly interface to capture people’s thoughts and feelings, producing rich, actionable insights.
Click here to see a short video of how the Xmetryx radar feedback tool captures insights.
The key to quality feedback is not the number of questions, but what you ask (consider the power of the single Net Promoter™ question for customer experience). The Xmetryx radar questions have been carefully constructed to elicit rich feedback without bias.
- The priming statement focuses your team member on a specific topic.
- The experience question gets at their feelings using images and color to stimulate the emotional brain and capture how strongly positive or negative they feel about the topic.
- The expectation question sets a baseline, telling you the level of support your team member expected to receive.
- Last, based on the first two answers, each person is presented with one of five branching questions. It pinpoints what issues are most important to your team and what has the greatest effect on their experiences.
Yes, but with limits. The Question Builder allows you to change the subject, topic, and outcome, all within the context of an employee’s experience. Our question format is designed to do three things:
- Get at the heart of each employee's experience by focusing on what's most important to them in key relationships – direct managers and co-workers.
- Maintain consistency for comparison over time.
- Prevent the introduction of bias, to ensure that you’re getting accurate data on which you can act.
You betcha! We’ve provided as much flexibility as possible while maintaining quality and consistency. Just keep in mind that Xmetryx radar is not a general survey tool – we recommend Survey Monkey or similar for basic surveys. With Xmetryx Radar you can customize:
- The subject of the questions – An employee’s experience with their team members and colleagues on other teams across the organization is as important as their experience with you as their leader. While we’ve pre-populated the question builder with your name as the subject, try changing this to “your teammates” or the name of another team to get deeper insights.
- The topic of the questions – While we provide a set of common topics and outcomes – such as business goals and sales targets – we recognize that your goals might be different. For example, if you’re the leader of a development team, you may want to see how they felt about working with another team on the last sprint. By selecting “Custom Topic” from the topic list, you can choose the wording that works best for your team.
- The time frame of the questions – You can opt to ask about the past week, month, quarter, or year, or you can choose ‘Custom’ if you need something different.
Absolutely! You can add a personalized message to your invitations when you are finalizing your feedback question details.
Sure! When you set up a survey, be sure that "Copy Me" is enabled and you will get an invitation to take the survey (just remember that if you complete the survey by clicking Submit, your input will affect your own Experience Map).
We've designed the application to track the results of your actions to close experience-expectation gaps over time.
To view the responses to a series of recurring surveys:
- From the Experience Maps page, select the Recurring Surveys tab at the top of the left-hand column.
- For the desired series, click the aggregate map icon . You will get a single map (with a legend at the bottom) which shows the results of the combined feedback.
- You can also view the change in your Relationship Strength Score over time by clicking on the relationship strength trend icon
- Hover over any person icon to view the feedback for that response.
- Hover over any single-team member icon to highlight all responses from that same team member. This allows you to visualize how a team member’s experience has shifted over time.
- Click any symbol in the legend to toggle the visibility of those results.
The Relationship Strength Score (RSS) is a single, composite measure of the relationship strength on or across teams. It is calculated in the same manner as a Net Promoter Score (NPS) by subtracting the percentage of detrimental relationships from the percentage of strong relationships with the neutral group not impacting the score.
The RSS ranges from -100 (all relationships are detrimental) to 100 (all strong relationships) and is ideal for comparing teams over time as well as a team leadership KPI.
Not yet. We are taking our time to ensure that the data is relevant and meaningful.
In the meantime, the most important benchmark is tracking progress within your team or with teams across your organization. By using Xmetryx radar on a regular basis, you quickly see the size of experience-expectation gaps and can take immediate action to close them.
First, be sure to review the Experience Map and feedback with your team and capture the actions the team will take to close any gaps. Then…
- From the main menu, go to View My Experience Maps.
- Select the survey for which you want to download the report.
- Click the pdf icon . This opens a new window and displays your pdf report. You can download or print your report from there.
To turn notifications and reminders on or off:
- From the main menu, select Notifications & Reminders to open the Notifications & Reminders page.
- Check to enable / uncheck to disable any of the notifications / reminders.
- Click Save to keep your changes!
Yes! You can see when you’ll be notified by going to the Notifications & Reminders page from the main menu.
- “Notify Me On Reminder” sends you an email listing the team members who still need to complete the questionnaire.
- You can disable any of these reminders; however, this will also disable sending these reminders to your team members.
Yes! We will notify you once-a-day (in the morning) if new responses have been submitted since your last visit. If you don't want this notification, you can turn this off from the Notifications & Reminders page.
We use the Stripe payment gateway, so you can subscribe to Xmetryx radar with any major credit card, or we can issue an invoice payable by bank transfer or ACH. Monthly purchases must be paid for by credit card.
Note: If you choose to pay by invoice, your account will be opened immediately but with a 30-day expiration. We will send you an invoice with Net 30 terms. Once we receive the payment, we will remove the 30-day expiration on your account.
Our subscriptions are tiered, based on the number of people you have in your Team or Organization.
To add additional team members, click "Change my Plan" from either the team member page or on your Profile. Once you select a new plan, you will be able to add additional team members immediately!
Yes! Sign up for an annual subscription and you will get 25% off the monthly subscription price.
We would love to work with educational groups who are interested in using Xmetryx radar. Contact Us